Hardbound. Volume II, 297 pages. Published by Harper & Brothers in 1841. Text is like new except for 2 pages that have pencil scribble. Bookplate pasted on inside front cover states that this book was part of the the library from Highland Plantation House, St. Francisville, LA. A front end paper has the signature of John J. Barrow, along with "Highland" Aug. 11, 1881. John Joor Barrow was the 3rd owner Of Highland Plantation which was built in 1803 by William Barrow. The entire library was later donated to the library at Louisiana State University.